Thank You For Visiting Per Diems Against Poverty!
We're a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 2015 to reallocate donated per diems, or meal allowances, to provide food for Americans struggling with poverty and food insecurity. We are proud to donate 100% of all donated per diems to Feeding America, the nation's largest network of food banks.
Per Diems Against Poverty was featured on CBS This Morning in early 2016. Watch the clip more to learn more about our mission, and how we partner with Major League Baseball stars like Curtis Granderson to strike out hunger in the United States, one per diem at a time.
Why Partner With Feeding America?
In order to feed as many families as possible, we partnered with Feeding America, the nation's largest hunger-relief organization, who is aligned with both our mission and our Core Values. This partnership allows funds donated to Per Diems Against Poverty to go further, helping Feeding America provide food to more than 46 million Americans through their 200 food banks and 60,000 food pantries and meal programs in communities across America.
Help Us Fight For The Day When No American Goes Hungry!
We are primarily focused on collecting per diems, but we are also grateful for one-time donations of any size made via our website. All funds donated online, minus the 2.9% processing fee charged by our payment partner, are either donated to Feeding America or used for operational overhead, at the donor's choice. All funds donated are 100% tax deductible. Thank you for supporting our fight against domestic hunger!
U.S. Per Diems Facts & Stats
- "Per Diem" comes from the Latin term "for the day."
- Under U.S. tax law, per diems received by employees are non-taxable income.
- The per diem for NBA players is $124.
- The per diem for NHL players is $103.
- The per diem for NFL players is $102.
- The per diem for MLB players is $100.
- The minimum daily per diem allowance for SAG-AFTRA members (actors) is $60.
- The average U.S. corporate per diem is $58.50.
- Many other organizations, including state governing bodies and the military, provide per diems.